Scarecrow Art

Friday, October 26, 2012
Pinterest has made teaching much more interesting.  With one quick visit to Pinterest, I am overwhelmed, but in a good way, by the all the possibilities and I love it!

I recently did a crayon resist water color painting with a group of 3rd graders.  I found the idea on Pinterest, but the original idea came from Art Projects for Kids.  This site is wonderful for non-artistic types who want to come up with a classroom friendly art project.  I don’t have an artistic bone in my body, but I was able to walk my kids through this project with ease and the pictures turned out GREAT!




I loved the fact that we had step by step directions to follow, and yet, there was opportunity for the kids to add their own personal flair to their artwork.

As you can see, the kids are definitely proud of their art.



If you haven’t been to Art Projects for Kids, you should definitely go.  Soon.  You’ll be amazed at what you’ll find.  In fact, you’ve probably already seen some of Kathy Barbro’s projects on Pinterest.  Kathy Barbro’s Scarecrow Portrait can be found here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Pages

Blogger news

Blogroll

About

Back to Top