Using Tablets as Interactive Whiteboards

Sunday, September 22, 2013

Have you seen other teachers use their ipads as whiteboards?  I have and I was jealous because I didn’t have an ipad.  BUT, I do have an android tablet that I just love.  I recently came across an app that will let you control your computer from anywhere in your classroom.  You can annotate over anything on your computer screen and display it through a data projector.  I LOVE IT!  The app is called Splashtop Whiteboard and it works for ipads but it’s also the 1st app I have seen that works for android tablets.

 

Check out this video -

 

 

 

I’ve used this app to control a PowerPoint presentation as I roamed around my classroom.  Another time, we played a PowerPoint game with it.  I took the tablet to students and let them select the correct answer.  Let me tell you, student participation for that lesson was at an all time high! 

 

All you need to get started is the Splashtop Streamer app for your computer, the Splashtop Whiteboard app for your tablet, and a WiFi connection.  Easy peasy!

 

You can get more information about Splashtop Whiteboard from the Splashtop website or from the Google Play store.

 

Have a great week!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Pages

Blogger news

Blogroll

About

Back to Top