Boom!

Friday, June 22, 2012
If your students are like mine, they need to have better fact fluency.  I'm constantly trying to think of ways to sneak in more practice.  BOOM! is a game I use in my classroom.  The kids like the novelty of the game and are able to work on basic facts even if we're short on time.



To make this game, I take a used but CLEAN Pringles can and cover it with red contact paper.  Then I cut a small hole in the lid.  I stick a small brown pipe cleaner through the hole and tape it to the bottom so it doesn't come out.  Now I have a firecracker to hold math facts.


Most of my educational games are stored in plain baggies so the kids get a kick out of something a little different.  I'm currently working on different types of container games to keep things interesting.  I have a free set of addition cards to go inside your firecrackers in my TPT store.  Check it out and let me know what you think!

For International Blog Hopping Day, I'm linking up with Crystal from Kreative in Kinder.  I'm also linking up with Erin from First with Franklin for her 100 Freebies Linky Party.  Drop by both blogs to get some really great freebies.  You can NEVER have too many!



Follow for Freebies

First with Franklin

2 comments:

  1. This is so cute! I love the name of your blog too with that adorable owl! =)


    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a new follower, thanks for the freebie. I especially love the container idea, simple yet creative!

    ReplyDelete

Pages

Blogger news

Blogroll

About

Back to Top