Math Journals

Tuesday, June 19, 2012
I have used math journals in my classroom for 3 years now and I ab-so-lute-ly love them!  I started off slow and I've gradually added a journal for virtually every subject I teach.  Since I teach in a self-contained class, that's a bunch of journals!

I've been going through my old journals this summer and looking for ways to improve them.   I always make one with the kids each year.  This is a sample of what I did with money in my journal. 


The kids quickly learn the folds and cuts but I like to start off with premade flaps in the beginning.  I recently updated my flaps.

The flaps definitely look better in color.
I even created a flap book to use as an assessment of what the kids have learned. 
It's a FREEBIE! If you would like to give journals a try, you can get these flaps at my Teacher's Pay Teachers store.

3 comments:

  1. I love this idea! And I think it's FAB that you use math journals!

    Dana :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE using math journals, but after seeing this post will do a much better of job of making sure I'm making one as we move through the year too! I usually use of the kid's as an example or an absent student's...great idea! Thanks!

    ~Tanya
    Mrs. Dwyer’s A+ Firsties

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love the idea of math journals!! So cute! I'm your newest follower #126

    ReplyDelete

Pages

Blogger news

Blogroll

About

Back to Top