Bye-Bye Google Reader, Hello Feedly

Friday, June 21, 2013


Google has decided to pull the plug on Google Reader.  As of July 1st, we will no longer be able to enjoy our favorite blogs through Google Reader.   If you are like me and depend on Google reader, I have found a solution for you.  Drum roll please…

It’s Feedly!  I’ve been using Feedly for a little while and what I like the most about it is the ability to change the way you view your feeds.  Check out these options:









I’m a visual person so magazine and card views are my favorites.  With both options, you get a small preview.  If you’re interested in reading the entire post, click on the title and it instantly pops up.  If there are posts you are not interested in, click on “mark as read” and they disappear. There are a lot of options with Feedly and it’s easy to use.  The best part is it’s available on iOS, Android, and through a web browser so you can use it on your phone, tablet, and computer.  If you’re interested, import your Google Reader feeds into Feedly Cloud and you’ll be seamlessly moved over.
When I first heard that Google Reader was retiring I was not at all thrilled.  However, I think Feedly will fit my needs perfectly!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Pages

Blogger news

Blogroll

About

Back to Top