Tops and Bottoms Envelope Books

Sunday, June 30, 2013

I’m linking up with Amanda from The Teaching Thief to share a project that I really intended to post about months ago.

One of my favorite projects from this last year was our envelope books we made after we read Tops and Bottoms.  We were able to cover a boatload of skills and we had fun doing it!



These are the same basic book as the map skills books I posted about here.  This time we added reading skills. They turned out really cute.



One of the things I love about this project is the ability to get multiple grades from it.  I graded each skill separately so ended up with 5 grades from this project.



I adore the kids’ illustrations!  They do such a great job.



And…there’s a pocket to put junk really important stuff, like vocabulary cards, in.

If you haven’t made envelope books with your class yet, you should.  Really.  It’s not hard and you can find step-by-step directions here.

UPDATE: I have now added the Tops and Bottom Envelope Book templates to my TpT store. You can check them out here.



2 comments:

  1. Very cute. Im sure the kids enjoy getting to put the pieces together like a puzzle.I think tops and bottoms is such an adorable book.

    Heather
    room 4 imagination

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love this idea! These books are genius. Do you create everything that you put inside them? I'd love to know more about that. I think this would be so much fun to do for a class read aloud. They could add to the envelope book throughout the read aloud. Pinning! Thanks so much for linking up and sharing more great stuff. :)

    Amanda
    The Teaching Thief

    ReplyDelete

Pages

Blogger news

Blogroll

About

Back to Top